We do not allow personally identifiable information on Likeminder, and we do our best to allow our registered users (“Members”) to publish content on Likeminder without leaving a ‘digital footprint’ for others to find or follow.
We collect information about our Members through their activity on Likeminder and the content they publish on Likeminder. Each Member is responsible for their own activity and for the content they publish on Likeminder, with the knowledge that this content will be accessible to others.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, etc.
- We do not provide the email address or username associated with Member accounts to third parties without prior consent, unless required by law.
- We do collect, store and use each Member’s email address and user name to provide and facilitate their use of Likeminder, and to allow us to communicate with them about the service.
- We do collect, store and use profile (including username) and conversation content (including posts and relates) that Members choose to publish on Likeminder to provide and facilitate their use of Likeminder, and this information may be viewable by other Members or the public and may also be shared in our marketing material.
- We do use aggregated data and usage information to improve the Likeminder product and may share aggregated usage information with third parties. Aggregated data and usage information includes information from multiple Members and is not associated or identified with any single Member account.
- In the event you are paying for services within Likeminder, we do ask for, collect and use personally identifiable information to facilitate your purchase(s). We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Likeminder makes certain public forums and message boards (“Public Forums”) available to its Members. Any information (including personal information) uploaded, posted or distributed on the Public Forum may be read, collected or used by other Members. Likeminder is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims any liability that may arise from any information posted by you or any other Member to any Public Forum.
Retention of Information
To preserve the integrity of our databases, we will retain information submitted by Members for an indefinite length of time. Likeminder understands your submissions as consent to store all your information in one or more places for this indefinite length of time. If required by law, as is the case to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we may nullify Member information by erasing it from our database.
Likeminder has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Your Likeminder account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Likeminder employees have access to the account and the email address associated with your username. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Likeminder personnel do not have access to unencrypted passwords, so we will never ask you for yours. Anyone asking you for your password is not related to Likeminder so don’t give them your password. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your Likeminder account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
Likeminder makes every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system. Extremely sensitive information, like credit card numbers, is always transmitted in encrypted form. Only certain authorized Likeminder employees can access this information and then only if it is relevant to their job duties.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Likeminder cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any further questions on this issue, refer to our User Agreement. Likeminder expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to Likeminder.
Updated June 1, 201